Seven Devils Social Distancing Things to Do Day Trip
Conveniently located halfway between Boone NC and Banner Elk NC, Seven Devils North Carolina is a hidden treasure with less traffic and little chance of seeing a crowd. View our Seven Devils Social Distancing Things to Do Day Trip:
- Start your day out with a hearty mountain breakfast! If you are staying in a cabin, pick up some local goodies from a High Country Farmers Market. Or you can enjoy a country breakfast on the nexly expanded patio at Grandview Restaurant.
- Next, head up to Otter Falls, the newest waterfall trail in the High Country. The 1.2 mile loop trail leads you through a cool mountain forest to a soft cascade falls. For a map of the trail, click HERE
- Want to do some more walking? Head out on the Seven Devils Walking Trails. There are seven routes ranging from 1.1-2.6 miles. View a guide to the trails, HERE
- Head back down the mountain to Eat Crow to pick up a gourmet picnic lunch and a sweet treat. Take you lunch to either Grandfather Community Park off Hwy 105 or to Black Bear Family Park atop Seven Devils. **Remember to bring your picnic blanket- picnic tables are currently closed.
- After lunch, head to Hawksnest Zipline. Located on the same road as the Otter Falls trailhead, Hawksnest Zipline is one of the longest zipline courses in the US with 20 ziplines with 4 miles of runs at heights over 200 feet and speeds up to 50 mph.
Ziplining atop Seven Devils is a great way to catch panoramic views of the mountains and a cool breeze. *Reservations are required to allow for social distancing and masks are required, so call or book online in advance.
- Next, head down the mountain to Grandfather Trout Farm. Located near the base of Seven Devils, fishing at Grandfather Trout Farm is a relaxing way to end the day. The farm provides FREE equipment, FREE tackle, and FREE bait.
You can fish 3 pond sizes, stocked with Rainbow Trout. If you want to take your catch home for dinner, you can pay for only what you catch and they will clean the fish for you.
- Head back to your cabin or condo to get ready for dinner! We are sure you worked up an appetite.
- Visit The Pedalin' Pig BBQ Restaurant's outdoor patioand enjoy classic Carolina barbeque and all the fixins' .
- After dinner, head across the street to Erick's Wine and Cheese for a bottle of wine or a gourmet chocolate bar to enjoy while you watch the sunset for your cabin or condo.