Boone NC Social Distancing Things to Do Day Trip
The Blue Ridge Parkway isn't the only place to social distance in the NC High Country! Boone NC has plenty of social distancing things to do. View our Boone NC Social Distancing Day Trip itinerary:
- Start your day with breakfast from Stick Boy Bakery. The one and only bakery in Boone has been a local favorite for almost 20 years. Order a freshly made bagel, pastry, coffee for curbside pickup HERE
- Bring a blanket or find a table "across the street" on the Boone Greenway for a picnic breakfast. View a map of the Boone Greenway HERE
- After breakfast, explore the natural beauty of the mountains.
For a short paved stroll, stay on the Boone Greenway to meander the 1.85 mile trail along the South Fork of the New River.
- Next, head to Hickory Ridge Homestead for a local history tour. These small group, open air tours feature cabins of the 18th and 19th century and reenactments of colonial era living. Book your tour HERE
- Have lunch at local staple Pepper's Restaurant & Bar. Pepper's has been around since 1975 and has amazing sandwhiches (try the reuben!). If the weather looks like rain, Pepper's has a few covered outdoor tables. If the weather is nice, head over to BooneShine Brewing Co. Booneshine has a large terraced outdoor picnic table area that is the perfect spot to spend a long lunch.
- ROCKY KNOB PARK
For a great afternoon hike, head over to Rocky Knob park. While known for mountain biking, this park has a great summit trail with small creeks and great views of Boone.
- After your hike, head back to your cabin or hotel to get ready for an evening on the town-- social distancing style!
Head to downtown Boone for the evening (parking is free after 5!).
- Start your evening with a stroll around the campus of Appalachian State University to view the latest installations of the Rosen Outdoor Sculpture Competition and Exhibition. Download a walking map HERE
- For dinner, we suggest visiting one of the two Downtown Boone locations with the best outdoor dining areas:
- After dinner, head over to the Horton Hotel and Rooftop Bar for the best sunset view in town. Take in the 360 views of Appalachian State University, downtown Boone and the surrounding mountains. Warm up with a cocktail, local brew or a glass of fine wine.