High Country Choose & Cut Christmas Trees
High Country Choose & Cut Farms. Here is a list of Choose & Cut Christmas Tree farms in the Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, West Jefferson Area. We update this list every Monday after Thanksgiving with current tree size availability! For more Choose & Cut Christmas Tree information visit the Watauga County Christmas Tree Association and the North Carolina Choose & Cut Association.
Boone/Blowing Rock Area
- Appalachian Christmas Mountain Farms
7177 U.S. 421, Boone, NC 28607
• Fraser Fir (5 up to 12’). Fraser Fir wreaths. Fraser Fir and White Pine garland.
• November 18–20 and 24–7; December 2–4 and 9–11. 9 a.m – 5 p.m.
- Appalachian Evergreens
574 RC Cook Road, Blowing Rock
• Fraser Fir (4–9’). Fraser Fir & White Pine Wreaths. Fraser Fir & White Pine garland. Mail order trees available.
• November 19–20 and 25–27. 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Bear Wallow Choose & Cut
406 Long Ridge Farms Road, Sugar Grove, NC
• Fraser Fir (4–12’) Fraser Fir wreaths. White Pine garland.
• November 19–20, 23, 25–27; Dec. 3–4. 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Closed Thanksgiving Day.
- Bluestone Greenery
1230 Howard Edmisten Road, Sugar Grove, NC
• Fraser Fir trees (4–7’), wreaths and garland. Mail order available.
• November 25–27; December 3–4 and 10–11. Weekends ONLY.
- C & J Christmas Trees
1999 Brookshire Road, Boone, NC
828-263-3591 or 828-200-9309
• Fraser Fir trees (3–10’) and wreaths.
• November 12–13, 19–20, 20–21 and 24–27; December 3–4 and 10–11. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Hay rides, food, drinks, hot chocolate
• Tree branding
- Circle C Tree Farms
• Fraser Fir trees (7–13’) and wreaths. Fraser Fir and White Pine garland.
• November 12–13 and 18–27. 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Fri, Sat & Sun), 10am – 4:30pm (Mon-Thurs)
• Net baling of trees.
• Pre-cut section of trees.
- Clawson’s Choose & Cut
4944 Highway 194 North, Boone
From Highway 421 in Boone at New Market Center, turn left on Highway 194 North. Follow 4.6 miles. Farm is on the left next to Meat Camp Church.
• Fraser Fir trees (tabletop to 12‘). Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths and garland.
• November 12 – December 18, 7 days a week. 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
• Hay rides, farm animals to feed and pet. Free hot chocolate & coffee. Pets welcome!
• Credit cards accepted.
- Frosty’s Choose & Cut
2152 Beaver Creek School Rd, West Jefferson
From Boone, take Highway 421 to Highway 221N. Take a left on Clarence Lyall Rd. Turn right on Baldwin Rd. Farm is on left.
• Fraser Fir trees (6-12’), "snow-kissed" trees, wreaths, garland, roping & baling
• November 18- December 6. Fri: 3:00-6:00, Sat: 9:00-6:00, Sun: 12-6:00
• Hayrides, bonfire, Christmas Shop, Build-a-Wreath, live nativity, refreshments, restroom
- Miller's Choose & Cut
1739 Ball Branch Road, Boone
828-265-2851 or 828-964-6343
From Boone at the intersection of Hwy. 194 North and US 421 at New Market Center, go 4.5 miles on Hwy. 194. Turn left on SR 1335 (Meat Camp Road). Go .08 mile to Ball Branch Road on the left. Follow signs (Miller’s Cabin location). If using GPS make sure to turn onto Meat Camp Road at Plan B Store.
• Fraser Fir trees (4–10’). Call for selection of 12’ trees. Fraser Fir wreaths.
• November 5–20 or until supplies run out, seven days per week. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m
- Poplar Grove Choose & Cut
1944 Poplar Grove Road S., Boone, NC
828-387-0132 or 828-406-0415
• Fraser Fir trees (6–10’ and larger), wreaths and garlands.
• November 21 – December 6. Fridays – Sundays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Weekdays by appointment.
• Christmas Shop.
- Panoramic View Christmas Tree Farm
368 Panoramic Lane, Boone
• Fraser Fir trees (tabletop to 12’). Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths and garland.
• November 19–20 and 25–27. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Free hot chocolate and coffee. Credit cards accepted. Hayrides, newborn calves to feed and pet, horses to feed and pet, and numerous other farm animals to feed. Pets welcome!
- Sugar Plum Farm
1263 Isaacs Branch Rd, Plumtree
• Fraser Fir trees (3–15’) and wreaths, garlands (mail order)
• Open November 12- December 24, Fri-Sun: 9:00- 4:30, weekdays: 12:30-4:30
• Hayrides, campfire, holiday store, tree baling, santa house, trout fishing
- Swinging Bridge Farm
711 Old Glade Road, Deep Gap, NC
828-964-2030 or 828-264-5738
• Fraser Fir trees (6–10’) and wreaths. Live trees in containers and Christmas mini orange trees.
• Open November 9–13, 10 a.m. to dusk.
• 48’ swinging bridge, Renaissance orangery with solar voltaic and hydro power features. Trout pond for fish feeding or fishing. Free greenery. Hablamos Espanol. Farm tours available by appointment; $8/adult and $5/child.
West Jefferson/ Sparta Area
- Clark’s Evergreen & Landscaping
2930 Liberty Grove Church Road, Fleetwood, 28626
336-877-5014 or 336-877-7615
-Refreshments, hay rides, and restrooms
-Fraser fir and White pine Christmas trees. Wreaths, roping, tree stands, tree drilling, and tree baling.
- Davis Tree Farm
1620 Piney Creek Rd, Lansing, 28643
336-384-3388 or 336-957-7265
- OPEN: Nov 18–Dec 24 • Mon-Sat:10am-5pm • Sun:1pm til dusk
-Fraser fir Christmas trees of all sizes. Handmade wreaths in various sizes and shapes (crosses, Christmas trees, etc.)
- Ivy Point Farm
1789 Beaver Creek School Rd, West Jefferson, 28694
336-846-2470 or 336-877-7450
- OPEN: Nov 18-Dec 15 • Fri- Sat: 10am-4pm • Sun:12-4pm
- Fraser fir Christmas trees (all sizes) and handmade wreaths, Norway spruce trees
- Refreshments and restrooms
- Lil' Grandfather Tree Farm
15371 NC Hwy 18 S., Laurel Springs, 28644
-OPEN: Nov 24-27; Dec 3-4 • Fri-Sat:9am to dark, Sun: 12pm to dark
-FEATURES: Horse rides, hay rides, hay bale movie theater, Santa, refreshments, vendors with crafts, and restrooms.
-Fraser fir, White pine, Blue spruce, Concolor fir, Canaan fir, and Nordmann fir. Handmade wreaths, roping & tree stands
-Machine shake, drill, and bale.
-Trees over 15’ by appt.
- Long's Choose & Cut Christmas Trees
8306 Hwy. 16 S., West Jefferson, NC 28694
- OPEN: Nov 19-21, 25-28; Dec 4-5, 11-12: 9am to dark • Weekdays by appt
- Frosty the Snowman, restrooms, and ATV rides available to different areas of the farm.
- Fraser fir and White pine Christmas trees (various sizes), handmade wreaths, roping, and tree stands
- We will cut, trim, drill, bale, and load your tree.
- Visit our website for a coupon. www.LongsTreeFarm.com
- Lyalls Nursery
238 Mt. Valley Dr, West Jefferson, 28694
-OPEN: Nov 22 – Dec 24 • Mon-Wed: 3:30-Dark, Thurs-Sun: 9-Dark
-Refreshments, snacks, and restrooms
-Fraser fir and Colorado Blue spruce Christmas trees (various sizes), wreaths, roping, and tree stands.
-We will cut,trim, drill, bale, and load your tree.
-Our farm is on level ground, so walking is easy. If the weather is bad, you can pick a tree from your vehicle.
- Mistletoe Meadows
270 Mistletoe Meadows Pkwy, Laurel Springs, 28644
336-982-9754 or 336-465-9754
- OPEN: Nov 18-20, 25-27; Dec 3-4, 10-11 • 9am to dark or by appt
- Hay rides, refreshments, and restrooms.
- Variety of wreaths and garlands and we grow White pine, Blue spruce, Norway Spruce, Canaan Fir, Concolor Fur, Leyland cypress
- Wayland's Nursery
1003 Round Knob Ridge Road
- OPEN: Nov 11- Dec 23: Mon-Sun: 9am to 5pm. *Open Thanksgiving Day
- Gift shop, refreshments, restrooms
- Fraser Fir, Concolor fir and white pine Christmas trees up to 10ft., specialty wreaths available