High Country Choose & Cut Christmas Trees
High Country Choose & Cut Farms. Here is a list of Choose & Cut Christmas Tree farms in the Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, West Jefferson Area. We update this list every Monday after Thanksgiving with current tree size availability! *Farms with astericks are part of the Choose & Cut Lodging Package program. Find lodging packages HERE. For more Choose & Cut Christmas Tree information visit the Watauga County Christmas Tree Association and the North Carolina Choose & Cut Association.
1230 Howard Edmisten Road, Sugar Grove, NC
From Boone, take 105 S to 105 By-Pass. Turn right (at the light). At end of By-Pass, turn left onto 321/421. Go 3.5 miles, and turn left onto 321. Go approximately 2.5 miles, and turn left onto Howard Edmisten Road. One mile to farm.
• Fraser Fir trees (4–10’), wreaths and garland.
• November 29 – December 15. Weekends ONLY. Hours 9–5.
C & J Christmas Trees
1999 Brookshire Road, Boone, NC
828-263-3591 or 828-200-9309
If traveling north on Hwy. 421 coming from Wilkesboro, turn right at New River Bridge at C & J sign onto Brookshire Road. If traveling south on Hwy. 421 coming from Boone, turn left onto Brookshire Road at C & J sign. Follow road for .2 of a mile, and turn right to stay on Brookshire Road. Follow road for 2.5 miles, and turn left at C & J sign. Follow road to top of the hill, and arrive at 1999 Brookshire Road. Please do not use directions that take you 194 North into farm as that is the way traffic will be exiting the farm.
• Fraser Fir trees (3–7.5’). Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths.
• November 16–17, 23–24 and 29–30; December 1 and 7–8. Open 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Circle C Tree Farms
372 Will Cook Road, Boone, NC
828-265-7504 or 828-773-4026
From Boone: Take Hwy. 421 South to stoplight at Bamboo Road and turn right. Go one mile and turn left onto Will Cook Road. Enter through gate at end of road. From Blowing Rock: Take Hwy 321 toward Boone; turn right at stoplight onto Deerfield Road. Go one mile and turn left onto Wilson Ridge Road; go one mile to end. Go across Bamboo Road, and bear right onto Will Cook Road. Enter through gate at end of road.
• Fraser Fir trees (4–11’) and wreaths. Fraser Fir and White Pine garland.
• November 16–17, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. November 22 – December 8, open daily
• Monday–Thursday, 11 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; Friday–Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Hot chocolate.
Clawson’s Choose & Cut*
4944 Highway 194 North, Boone
828-719-6395 or 828-262-3836
From Highway 421 in Boone at New Market Center, turn left on Highway 194 North. Follow 4.6 miles. Farm is on the left next to Meat Camp Church.
• Fraser Fir trees (tabletop to 11’). Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths and garland.
• November 16 – December 15. 9:00 – 5:00
• Horse rides available only on weekends
Cornett Deal Christmas Tree Farm*
142 Tannenbaum Lane, Vilas
From Boone, take Highway 421 North to Highway 321 North. Take 321 N for 7 miles to Bethel Road. Turn right on Bethel Road, and go 4 miles to Mountain Dale Road. Turn left on Mountain Dale Road and go 2.5 miles. Tree farm is on the left on Tannenbaum Lane.
• Fraser Fir trees (5–10’), wreaths and garland
• November 23–24, November 29–December 1 and December 7–8. 10:00– 5:00
• Hayrides, Christmas Shop, drill machine, tree shaker and Santa Clause
Frosty’s Choose & Cut*
2152 Beaver Creek School Rd, West Jefferson
From Boone, take Highway 421 to Highway 221N. Take a left on Clarence Lyall Rd. Turn right on Baldwin Rd. Farm is on left.
• Fraser Fir trees (6-10’), wreaths, garland, roping
• November 23- December 24. Fri: 3:00-5:30, Sat: 9:00-5:30, Sun: 12-5:30
• Hayrides, bonfire, s’mores, hot chocolate & cider, Christmas Shop, Build-a-Wreath, Santa Visits
Miller’s Choose & Cut*
CLOSED FOR SEASON
1739 Ball Branch Road, Boone
828-265-2851 or 828-964-6343
From Boone at the intersection of Hwy. 194 North and US 421 at New Market Center, go 4.5 miles on Hwy. 194. Turn left on Meat Camp Rd.
Go .08 mile to Ball Branch Road on the left. Follow signs (Miller’s Cabin location).
• Fraser Fir trees (5–10’). Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths.
• November 9 until supplies last. Seven days per week. 9:00-5:00
Panoramic View Christmas Tree Farm*
368 Panoramic Lane, Boone, 828-262-3836
From Boone at the intersection of Hwy. 421 and Hwy. 194 N at New Market Center, take 194 N 5 miles. Turn right on Big Hill Road. Go 1/2 mile and turn right on Panoramic Lane. We are 200 yards on the right.
• Fraser Fir trees (tabletop to 8’). Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths and garland.
• November 23–24 and 29 December 1, December 7–8 and 14–15. 9:00 – 5:00.
• Free hot chocolate and coffee. Credit cards accepted. Hayrides, newborn calves & horses to feed and pet, free horse rides for children (weather permitting). Pets welcome.
Poplar Grove Choose and Cut
1944 Poplar Grove Road S., Boone, NC
828-387-0132 or 828-406-0415
Two miles from the intersection of Hwy. 105 and Poplar Grove Road South in Boone.
• Fraser Fir trees (6–9’) and wreaths.
• Open Friday – Sunday, November 22 – December 8. Other days by appointment.
Stone Mountain Farms*
301 Sherry Reece Lane, Trade, TN
828-773-7651 or 828-297-1251
From Boone, take 421 N 13 miles to Bulldog Road in Trade, TN. Turn left on Bulldog; go 1.5 miles. Take right on Sherry Reese Lane.
• Fraser Fir trees (4–10’) and Turkish Fir trees (5–9’). Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths and garland.
• November 22–24, November 29 – December 1, December 6–8. 9:00-5:00
511 Hodges Gap Road, Boone
From Boone: Travel north on Hwy. 421 .25 mile. Turn left on Oak Grove Road then left on Hodges Gap Road. From Hwy. 105 South in Boone: Turn right on Hwy. 105 Bypass then right on Hodges Gap Road.
• Fraser Fir trees (5–8’) and wreaths.
• Open Thanksgiving – December; seven days per week
Sugar Plum Farm
1263 Isaacs Branch Rd, Plumtree
• Fraser Fir trees (3–15’) and wreaths, garlands (mail order)
• Open Thanksgiving – December; seven days per week
• Hayrides, campfire, holiday store, Santa on weekends, tree baling
Swinging Bridge Farm
711 Old Glade Road, Deep Gap, NC
828-964-2030 or 828-264-5738
From Boone: Take Hwy. 421 S. Drive 8-10 miles. Turn left on Brownwood Road. Go one mile. Follow bridge signs. From Wilkes: Take Hwy. 421 under Blue Ridge Parkway. Go another 2 miles on 421 to Brownwood Road. Go one mile. Follow bridge signs.
• Fraser Fir trees (6–10’) and wreaths. Live trees in containers and Christmas mini orange trees.
• Open November 9–28, 10 a.m. to dusk. Will reopen December 10 (weather permitting); call for appointment in December.
• 48’ swinging bridge, Renaissance orangery with solar voltaic and hydro power features. Trout pond for fish feeding or fishing. Free greenery. Hablamos Español.