Lansing NC Top Outdoor Activities
Lansing NC is a hidden gem of the NC Mountains. Tucked into the mountains, the town has unspoiled outdoor beauty and lots of fun activities for all ages!
Lansing Creeper Trail Park
Located in "downtown" Lansing, the park is the heart of the community! You can spend the day at the park enjoying a variety of activities, including:
- Picnicking: walk across the street to Pie on the Mountain or Old Orchard Creek General Store for a to-go meal
- Fishing: the NC Heritage Trout Waters run through the park with easy access
- Walking: enjoy the paved flat one-mile path that meanders by the creek and through the park
- Mountain Biking: A 3 mile single track trail with a 1,700 foot elevation change is a challenging ride!
- Camping: Mountaineer Campground located in the park has tent campsites located along Big Horse Creek. For campsite reservations and general questions, please call Town Hall at (828) 384-3938.
Lansing NC Heritage Trout Waters
Fish on the scenic Lansing Heritage Trout Waters for only $8 for a 3-day license (or fish with your NC inland waters fishing license). The designated 2.5 mile section of Big Horse Creek is conveniently accessible via the Lansing Creeper Trail Park. For a more unique fishing opportunity, fish in the creek at the New River confluence!
*Brochure with map in heading. Note fishing restrictions
Lansing NC Barn Quilt Trail
Drive through the countryside and take in larger than life traditional quilt square patterns on the sides of barns. This is a lovely way to see the backcountry in all seasons and learn the history of different quilt patterns! The Ashe Country Arts Council Quilt Trail "Purple Loop" encompasses Lansing NC (link in title)
Good Ashe Lavender Farm
Located "down the road" from Old Orchard Creek Blueberry Farm is a lavender farm- what a great combination! The farm features a lovely pavillon with a water feature where you can lounge and take in the farm or rest after clipping your own lavender. Don't want to clip your own? The farm has cut bundles for sale, along with lavendar soap and sachets.
*Lavender season is from late-June to early August
Old Orchard Creek Blueberry Farm
Tucked into the mountains, but not far from downtown Lansing- this picturesque (and historic) farm is a great place to pick blueberries.
Check in at the barn where they will give you a basket for your blueberries- then head up the hill! Afterwards, enjoy some berries in one of the rocking chairs on the porch and take a couple photos for Instagram. ; )
*Blueberry season is late-June to early August-- keep an eye on the website for the official open date.