Sugar Mountain Social Distancing Things to Do Day Trip
The town of Sugar Mountain NC is less crowded, but conveniently located to Banner Elk, Boone and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Check out our Sugar Mountain Social Distancing Things to Do Day Trip:
- Have breakfast at your cabin or condo and enjoy the mountain views. Or head over to Fred and Larrys Coffee for a relaxing lavender latte while you read the newspaper at one of the outdoor tables.
- After breakfast, enjoy some open-air activities. Sugar Mountain Municipal Golf Course features 18-holes across 60 acres and has amazing mountain views.
If golf isn't your sport, try out the Sugar Mountain Tennis Courts. These are the only outdoor tennis courts in the High Country featuring the fast-drying Har-tru clay.
If you prefer biking, take the Sugar Mountain Resort Bike Lift to the summit and Mountain Bike down!
- Head over to the Caddyshack Cafe at the Sugar Mountain Golf Pro Shop for an outdoor lunch with more amazing views. The menu includes a wide variety of sandwiches and salads.
- After lunch, head across the street to the Sugar Creek Mining Company. The gem mine features an outdoor flume where you can sluce different sizes buckets for gems.
- Head next door to the High Country's newest attraction, the Wilderness Run Alpine Coaster. Ride down the mountain solo at speeds over 25 mph for an invigorating experience!
- Before dinner, head up to Sugar Mountain Resort for a scenic lift ride (hurry! Rides end at 7 (Fri) and 6 (Sat-Sun). Enjoy views from the 5,300' peak and the cool mountain breeze on the ride down.
- Next, head to the outdoor patio at The Painted Fish Cafe and Beer Bar (located at the base of Sugar Mountain) for dinner. Make sure to try one of the local favorites, the Pecan Trout!