High Country Winter Weekend Update
Winter weekends can be busy in the NC High Country. Due to the weather and Covid guidelines, activities may be sold out or closed. Check this list before you travel to make sure the activities you want to experience are available. Most activities have online booking available, so purchase your tickets in advance online to insure your spot. If an activity is sold out, try visiting mid-week for less crowds!
December 24-25, 2021
*List is updated daily by 11pm*
- App Ski Mtn: lift tickets available, ice skating available, lodge open- reserve online.
- Beech Mtn Resort: lift tickets available- reserve online. Tubing and Ice skating closed.
- Beech Mtn Sledding Hill: first come, first serve
- Sugar Mtn Resort: lift tickets available, ice skating available, lodge open- first come, first serve- arrive early
- Hawksnest Snowtubing: tickets available- Closed 12/25- reserve online.
- Grandfather Mountain: tickets available- closed 12/25- reserve online
- Hawksnest Zipline: tickets available-closed 12/25- reserve online
- High Gravity Adventures: closed 12/25-26- reserve online
- The Blowing Rock: available, closed 12/25- first come- first serve
- Wilderness Run Alpine Coaster:tickets available- closed 12/25- reserve online
- Apple Hill Farm: tickets available-closed 12/25- reserve online
- Mystery Hill: tickets availabile- reserve online or in-person (book by 4pm to take tour same day)
STATE & NATIONAL PARKS
- Blue Ridge Parkway: open *partial closure at Mount Mitchell State Park- BRP Milepost 355-367
- Elk Knob State Park: open
- Grandfather Mountain State Park: open
- Mount Jefferson: open
- Stone Mountain State Park: open