High Country Social Distancing Kid Friendly Things to Do
High Country Social Distancing Kid-Friendly Things to Do in the Banner Elk, Beech Mountain, Blowing Rock, Boone, Sugar Mountain, West Jefferson, Wilkesboro Area:
- Take a weekend farm tour at Apple Hill Farm. Meet and learn about the alpaca, donkeys and other animals on the farm.
- Have a picnic, play in the water and walk the trails at Tate Evans Park.
- Schedule a time to visit Grandfather Mountain. See the animals, walk over the mile-high swinging bridge and have a picnic.
- Rent a free canoe, kayak, boat (even a fishing pole!) at Buckeye Lake, through the Buckeye Recreation Center. For reservations, click HERE
- Take a family friendly hike or mountain biking ride in the Emerald Outback
- Take a scenic chair lift ride at Beech Mountain Resort
- Grab a pizza from Brick Oven Pizzeria and enjoy a picnic in the kite field.
- Try Axe Throwing or Archery at the outdoor Tomahawk Hill located at Mystery Hill.
- Go ziplining with a scheduled trip just for your family at High Gravity Adventures or Sky Valley Zip Tours.
- Take a canoe, kayak, boat or paddleboard ride at Price Lake Boat Rentals.
- Explore the mountains with a family hike on the Moses Cone Carriage Trails. This graveled trail network is wide enough to social distance.
- Take a picnic to the Price Park Picnic Area and let the smaller kids play in the water.
- Take a tour of Hickory Ridge Homestead and Living History Museum and the Daniel Boone Native Gardens located next door.
- Go on a sculpture walk around the campus of Appalachian State University.
- Take a walk on the Boone Greenway Trail.
- Go mountain bike riding at Rocky Knob Park.
- Take a canoe, kayak or tubing ride down the New or Watauga River.
- Go fishing or play in the water at Valle Crucis Park.
- Take a zip tour sceduled for just your group at Hawksnest Zipline.
- Go fishing (where you are guaranteed a catch!) at Grandfather Trout Farm.
- Take a scenic lift ride at Sugar Mountain Resort.
- Play a friendly family game of tennis or golf at Sugar Mountain Municipal Golf Course.
- Walk around the downtown Mural Trail (pick up a map at the Ashe County Chamber of Commerce).
- Play disc golf at Ashe County Park.
- Go fishing at the Lansing Heritage Trout Waters.
- Go out on the New River with Zaloo's Canoes, Kayaks and Tubes.
- Bike or fish on the area's largest greenway, Yadkin River Greenway.
- Mountain bike, fish or get out on the water at Kerr Scott Dam and Reservoir.
- Camp out, fish and hike to the old homestead at Stone Mountain State Park.
- Go on a family horseback ride at Leatherwood Mountains.
Visit our FACEBOOK PAGE