Woolly Worm Festival Banner Elk NC Oct 21-22 2017.
The 39th Annual Woolly Worm Festival takes place in downtown Banner Elk NC. The event features live music, arts & crafts and food vendors, a children’s area featuring inflatables, and of course the famed Woolly Worm waces! The winning worm receives a $1,000 prize and winter weather predicting rights!
- Parking is free, but fills up quickly so bring cash in case you need to pay to park in a fee lot
- If you are planning on visiting the Valle Country Fair in Valle Crucis the same day, take NC Hwy 194 between the two festivals to save time
- There are no ATMs at the festival, so if you are a card-only carrier you can purchase e-tickets HERE
- Pets are not allowed into the festival
- Dress in layers. Weather can change quickly in Banner Elk NC.
- You can bring your own Woolly Worm to race or you can buy one at the festival. If you look around outside the festival gates, you might find one on the spot!
- If you plan on racing a worm, sign up for a race heat when you first get to the festival so you do not have to wait
FOR MORE INFORMATION: