NC Choose & Cut Tree Farm FAQ If this is your first time planning a visit to a Choose & Cut Christmas Tree Farm, congratulations! Choosing your family’s tree is a memorable experience and the quality of tree you will receive cannot be surpassed. Here is a list of frequently asked questions and answers about North Carolina High Country Choose and Cut Christmas Tree Farm visits:
Will I be provided with tools to help me Choose and Cut my tree?
Every farm varies, but some will provide the following. Check with the farm you plan to visit to make sure
- Measuring Pole– use a pole to measure the height and width of the trees to make sure they are the correct size for your home (remember to measure your tree space before your trip!).
- Hand Saw or Cutter– some farms will provide a hand saw so you can cut your own tree and/or will provide a farmhand with a handsaw or chainsaw to cut your tree for you.
- Shaker– After cutting, trees are placed in a shaker to remove loose needles and any bugs that are in the tree
- Stand Drill– some tree stands require a hole in the bottom of the tree trunk, this machine pre-drills the hole to make it easier for you to set up your tree when you get home
- Baler– Balers wrap your tree in a plastic netting that will make your tree easier to transport home and keep the limbs and needles intact
- Underlayment– Some farms provide a material you can lay under your tree before placing it on top of your vehicle or in your truck bed. This will keep your vehicle from getting sap or scratches during tree transport.
- Do Choose & Cut Farms offer anything other than trees?
Many farms are now offering a full day farm experience! Here is a list of amenities some farms offer. Please check with the farm you plan on visiting to make sure you know what amenities they provide, or call 828-264-1200 for help finding a farm that has the amenities you are looking for.
– Petting Zoo
– Horse and sleigh rides
– Gift Shop
– Hot Chocolate and Hot Cider
– Locally made crafts
– Santa Visits
– Food or Refreshments
– Wreaths & Garland
– Horse Rides
– Live Music
– Mail order or shipping of trees, wreaths and garland
- What Methods of Payment are accepted at Choose & Cut Tree Farms?
Most tree farms now accept credit card and cash payments, but check with the farm you plan to visit just in case!
- When are the Choose & Cut Tree Farms open?
Most farms open a week or two before Thanksgiving. Some farms are only open on weekends and most are open until dark.
- What should I wear to the Choose & Cut Tree Farm?
The weather can change drastically from day to day and hour to hour in the mountains. Click HERE for the local forecast. Bring gloves and mittens and warm coats or jackets. Wear flat, closed-toed and heel shoes. The terrain on the farms can be uneven and rocky. Many farms provide wagon or hay rides to the fields to make getting around easier.
- Do Choose & Cut Tree Farms offer any discounts or coupons?
Many farms have packages with local hotels that can provide you savings if you stay the night. You can view those packages HERE. You will also find coupons for local stores and restaurants if you stay the night after choosing your tree!